As assigned by the Division Responsible and in accordance with him, the Equipment System Engineer is responsible and leads, the technical development of new payloads and spacecraft equipment for critical space applications, working with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. These systems typically require the design and development of electronic boards (power, analog, digital circuits and VHDL/Software), as well as, thermomechanical developments and all are needed to obtain a fully qualified/accepted product, starting from the internal/external customer requests.
In accordance with the Division Responsible:
- analyse user's requirements and create a detailed architecture, equipment requirements and all the other documentation at equipment level (such as DDJF, VCD, ICD, UM, FMEA, etc etc);
- coordinate, support and verify the equipment designing (for all parts which are included) in the whole product life;
- support, correct and verify all the technical documentation provided by the design team;
- support the PM in complying with time/cost requirements and in managing the design team;
- trade off analysis to meet customer requirements and applicable standards;
- support in technical proposals and assist with preparation of quotation, schedules, compliance matrixes and costing for new bids;
- supervise and support the technical work of junior designers and/or other team members.
The Equipment System Engineer requires advanced formal engineering education, superior problem solving skills, independent decision-making ability in the field of embedded equipment and robust soft-skills in order to interact with team members.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of all hardware technologies, space qualified and COTS parts, needed for a complete processing space equipment, including knowledge of digital hardware with A/D and D/A conversion and FPGA based, DC/DC power converters, power distribution and protection, analogue front end, backplanes and cables. In this role, the candidate will be the technical expert for the space equipment solution and will work with a team of hardware designers as provided by the Division Responsible, to implement a compliant design solution.
In particular, the Equipment System Engineer will have:
- about 5 years experience in electronic product design and related circuit analysis, including power, digital and analogue building blocks;
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Leadership/management experience
- Proven experience working with standards (such as ECSS), processes and work procedures in a structured design environment;
- Experience in electrical design tools such as Orcad , PSPICE or similar.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and adaptability;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Exceptional organization skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
Mola di Bari, Pisa, Torino, Milano, Roma.