The Harness System Engineer/Designer will be responsible of DC Power, TM-TC-data lines and RF lines harness design (electrical and mechanical with MCAD team support), development (including procurement) and verification as part of SITAEL Electrical Engineering Team, belonging to Satellite & Mission Department.
He/she will cooperate with the Thermo-Mechanical and Electrical architects, as well as the satellite/platform system engineers, for the entire lifecycle of the assigned project by developing the design of the satellite internal and external harness in accordance to the design, I/F and environmental requirements.
The Harness System Engineer/Designer will also support the Production-MAIT team in the definition of the platform assembly procedures by providing instruction for the proper handling and installation of the different components of the spacecraft harness.
He/She shall also work on the Flatsat models’ harness definition, design and routing supporting the Manufacturing and the AIT department.
It will be required to the Harness System Engineer/Designer to support the implementation of the design rules and common practices required for the proper implementation of the harness product design and production follow-up.
He/She shall give support in the frame of IF satellite interconnection versus the selected launch vehicle wrt both IF requirements.
- Prepare Harness (DC, RF) Technical Specifications
- Define the harness electrical and physical design (interconnection diagrams, wiring lists, 3D dwg with CAD team support, mfg drawings)
- Design of harness through common ECAD software (like See Electrical, E3 Zuken, Mentor/Capital, Eplan)
- Review the unit and platform Electrical ICDs (E-ICD)
- Perform the selection of required connectors, cable, accessory parts for harness product
- Perform the technical follow-up of the selected harness supplier (external or internal)
- Lead the implementation of the design methods and tools for the harness design definition and physical routing
- Interact with suppliers for the implementation of the needed technological solutions (materials, manufacturing techniques, …)
- Support the AIT department for the preparation of spacecraft assembly procedures
- Support the AIT department during the integration of the harness
- Support the definition and the design of Flatsat harness models
- Support the definition of satellite vs launch vehicle harness design
- Prepare the documentation to report performed activities
- Review Harness Manufacturing drawing
TECHNICAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Electronic or Electrical Engineering (5y+) Master Degree
- 5+ years or professional experience, preferably in the Aerospace industry (at least 2 years in harness design/production preferably)
- Experience working in harness production industry (reading of manufacturing drawing, harness flattering on boards, kitting, soldering, crimping and general harness treatment)
- Good knowledge of one of the following ECAD: See Electrical, E3 Zuken, Mentor/Capital Eplan
- Good knowledge of Catia V5 tool, including WHX module
- Good knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter PLM tool or Windchill PLM
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, VISIO)
- Good knowledge of English (B1 or higher)
Only applications with availability based in Mola di Bari will be taken into consideration.